Just imagine!! The life of an unconfident person (like me)!! A solitary figure, lying on bed and staring at the ceiling fan. No sense of humor, no smartness, no desire to work hard, and no curiosity to learn new things. Still wondering, “Why doesn’t anyone like me?”, “Why don’t I have friends like others do?”.
Well, maybe my imagination is just an imagination :D
Some people are good enough at studies, sports, and even they have a sweet corner in their hearts for ladies. But still they can’t make good impressions at the time they meet new people. Is it that they’re very shy? Do they really know what exactly their problem is?
To be honest I am lucky enough to have understood the problems I was having. Now my question is – Are you willing to be lucky to understand your problems too? Sounds dull but I had never left a good impression on someone till I learnt the ways I am going to share with you. Here I throw another chilly question for you-
A boy enters an interview room. His shirts are not cleaned, his bloodshot eyes are evidence that he hadn’t slept for last 4 days. His unshaven face, garbage of hair(like mine) are enough to trace how unorganized he is. Moreover he doesn’t talk confidently. Low voice, unconfident handshake, lack of eye contact!!
Another boy meets the same recruiter. He’s well dressed, smiley. Nice personality, sharpened speaking ability, with good listening skill and eye contact. He’s got nice attitude, manner and after all he’s a confident guy who is not afraid of shaking hands with seniors.
WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE IF YOU WERE THE RECRUITER?
Definitely anyone would choose the 2nd boy, regardless of the 1st boy’s superiority with a little more knowledge than the other. But as the latter guy leaves a good and confident impression, nothing else happens but he grabs the job. Do you know why, my friend? It’s because everyone likes a person who can smash the moment when they meet someone new or someone they already know. Now, what makes you “smash” the moment while you meet someone for the first time? Here are your own answers-
1) A smart beginning with a nice “hello” or “hi” with smile and excitement in eyes(think of your lover if you don’t carry excitement in eyes normally). And people who have no spouse can think of their favourite bollywood hero or heroin to excite themselves ;-)
2) A strong handshake(if it’s comfortable for you and the other person, regardless of boy or girl).
3) A small but smart and witty intro.
4) Willingness to know about the other person.
5) A friendly attitude so that the person feels like talking, asking questions.
6) A genuine smile on face.
7) Letting the other person speak. Don’t just keep on talking about yourself and giving demonstrations of your skills.
8) Should listen to him/her carefully, with good eye contact. Listening is the only skill that makes others feel that they are important for you, that you care for them, that whatever they are saying is important. And then they find out that their opinions stand valuable for you.
9) Don’t be what you’re not. Be yourself.
10) Try not to be oversmart.
11) Smartness differs from arrogance. And to be frank, people don’t like arrogant people. Try to stand your point, but never ever put the other person down.
12) Respect the other person, and respect yourself. Be humble.
13) Enjoy the time.
You might say, “Bishal what’s special in it? I already know these things”. Yeah friend, these aren’t what I’m suggesting you. These are the things that we all already know. But most of the times we forget those simple steps and we miss the chance to leave a good impression on people we meet. This shouldn’t happen my dear friend. So I’m encouraging you, rather challenging you to take up these simple tips as a task and keep them in mind to become immune to the mistakes you’ve been doing so far, and you’ll see the difference. Cause remember, there is no second chance to improve the first impression you leave on somebody.
Wish you all the best :D